Aeterna

Keeping it unreal

Server Migration

Toilieban
    Admin

Server Migration

Post  Toilieban on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:10 pm

We've been discussing this for a long time and this wont go away till we at least try it. We want to move the whole guild to another server and try our hands there. For us to pick the right one we need scouts. We have untill the end of this month to scout a server and select it.

Anyway, here is a list of the servers and findings on each one. Please jump into a server and give feedback! At the end of this month server transfers will be limited to one per week.

Tier 1

Jade Quarry
    - full
    Stormbluff Isle
    Blackgate
    - full
    - Bladie doesn't like

Tier 2

Isle of Janthir
    - full
    Henge of Denravi
    Sea of Sorrows
    - full

Tier 3

Sanctum of Rall
    - full
    Tarnished Coast
    - full
    Eredon Terrace

Tier 4

Crystal Desert
    - full
    Yak's Bend
    - full
    Darkhaven
    - Bladie doesn't like

Tier 5

Fort Aspenwood
    Maguuma
    - Toilieban Scouting: Highly unskilled players and server attempts to blame a fictitious lack of population. Best Avoided.
    - Apple Scouting: This server is in need of a good wvw group, cause they SUX. Failed server so far.
    Dragonbrand
    - full,
    Rayne Scouting: Long story short, I'm not sure Dragonbrand is the server to move into.

Tier 6

Northern Shiverpeaks
    - Bron Scouting: Impressed by organisation and co-operation. They need more wvwers. ie us. Hoping for second opinion!
    - Bladie doesn't like
    Ehmry Bay
    - Toilieban Scouting: Really impressed with server and would like others opinions.
    - Apple Scouting: Was not impressive. Seems like EB likes to run around in 20-30 number zergs and take over supply and towers only.
    - Bron Scouting: I'm game for where the guild wants, but my recommendation is going to ehmry
    - SJ Scouting: Siege is dropped to defend keeps, orbs are fought for and protected, however their night crew seems a bit weak.
    Sorrow's Furnace

Tier 7

Gate of Madness
    - full
    Anvil Rock
    Borlis Pass
    - Icarus Scouting: Bad Bad Bad.
    - Toilieban Scouting: Highly recommend against it.

Tier 8

Ferguson's Crossing
    - Our beloved home, Will we find better?
    Devona's Rest
    Kaineng

Last edited by Toilieban on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 17 times in total

aka Rayne

Re: Server Migration

Post  aka Rayne on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Rayne has gone to Dragonbrand! I've been looking around a bit and it seems to look the same as Fergs. Population seemed to be about the same, players communicated pretty well in WvW but the numbers were very small. They were not doing well in WvW and so everyone left which sounds just like Ferg. I tried to find some WvW guilds and had a really hard time finding anyone. I had 2 people tell me a few of them moved to Jades server and when I finally got a hold of a guild none of the officers really wanted to talk.
    Long story short, I'm not sure Dragonbrand is the server to move into.

Toilieban
    Admin

Post  Toilieban on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:43 pm

Great post Rayne. Updating the first post with the important infos.

Toilieban
    Admin

Post  Toilieban on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Toilieban is on Ehmry Bay! Wandered through Ehmry Bay tonight and found some things I really liked. People wanted to talk to me and get Aeterna to join. The map chat was co-ordinated, helpful and mature. Players were playing to win and not just zerg. Siege equips were dropped, en mass, at all weak points of keeps and towers. There was a nice ammount of people in Lions Arch. They have had a large recent success which has encouraged them in wvw and that is the apparent reason for their further success. Unknown how their server will respond when in the higher bracket (looks like they will get promoted) next week.
    Really impressed with server and would like others opinions.
    Coppereyes

Post  Coppereyes on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Bron is on Northern Shiverpeaks! I have seen plenty to like and some to improve
    The server has been moving up and down the rankings since launch (apparently started against DR and Kaineng and has moved up and down since)
    The biggest WvW guild set up a community site and TS3 server for coordination between the WvW guilds in the server.
    They've been suffering from a lower WvW population that has recently caused them to slip down in the ranks, but I think we could make a difference on this server.
    Any other opinions would be nice Smile

PS. i'll probably check out Emery Bay tomorrow to get back to you on that one Toilieban Smile
    Alpha Bladie
    Admin

Post  Alpha Bladie on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:29 pm

bladie doesnt like...

blackgate
    darkhaven
    northern shiverpeaks
    AppleX
    Admin

Post  AppleX on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:07 am

Mag goo ma....

Look and see what cha think of their plays. So far they are losing to the other two server. Seems like they can use alot of help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUJCCWku3qI
    Rishy

Post  Rishy on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:40 am

Ehmry huh? I wouldn't mind that Toilz.

Btw, I know this is way offtopic but if anyone could check whether or not the Temple of Balthazar is uncontested while they're scouting, I'll love you forever.
    (Waypoint at South West area of the Straits of Devastation, near a Skill Point)

Toilieban
    Admin

Post  Toilieban on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:46 pm

Just left Ehmry bay....

Toilieban is on Maguuma! First impressions... They have no oceanic presence so suffer from what we are hoping to avoid. They lose all over night then struggle to get it back daytime. I spoke to a couple of people about wvw and they said they are tactically sound but lack numbers. Not certain what they are comparing this to because I got stuck in LA overflow when wvw reset just now. Apparently no wvw queues. In short, no Oceanic population so we should avoid.

Edit:

Despite the assurances I got from various people about how skilled and tactical Maguuma were and that their issue was oceanic population. TOTAL BS! They have highly unskilled people. I was in a 30 person zerg running about eternal and they would turn up at towers and no one had siege equips... including the 2 commanders. WTF

Highly unskilled players and server attempts to blame a fictitious lack of population. Best Avoided.

Last edited by Toilieban on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AppleX
    Admin

Post  AppleX on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:07 am

Applex on Ehmry Bay

Was not impressive. Seems like EB likes to run around in 20-30 number zergs and take over supply and towers only. No one defends. And when they fail, they switch over to different battle grounds or go to sleep. Last night me and Dy was there for two hours with zerg trying to cap a keep in EB broader lands. After capping it we went to a different boarderland to look for a zerg cause the commander just left for no reason. 5 to 10 mins later the keep we just capped was overtaken. EB fails at defending, but they have great numbers during peak hours to zergs lots of stuff to take them back. However I didnt see a feel for EB taking WvW seriously. Seem like they come on WvW just to go around and take stuff for fun, no serious effort seem to be put into WvW. ATM of righting this, NS has taken almost everything with 500+ points per tick. EB is down to 100pt per tick. however EB is 60k in the lead and doesnt seem to feel a need for wvw anymore.
    Coppereyes

Post  Coppereyes on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Bron is on Ehmry Bay!
    WvW in Ehmry is hot and cold, but when it's hot we roll over just about anything. I have yet to see the point accumulation lower than 165 a tic. (if that's as cold as it gets this is a very competitive server)
    We had a zerg earlier today that was between 50 and 60 people with a commander who really knew how to direct the zerg and we took all of Eternal except for the Lowlands keep.
    That was around 1 in the afternoon on my timezone (Central). If this server can muster that kind of push in the middle of the day, imagine reset?
    I'm game for where the guild wants, but my recommendation is going to ehmry
    Icarus

Post  Icarus on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Icarus is on Boris Pass. First impressions... So far it seems competivie between the three servers, seen 2 commanders and they comanding pretty well. Its 3:05 pm and things are active. I personally wouldnt mind comming here, the point spread right now is 280-Boris Pass,235-Gates of Madness ,180-Anvil Rock.

I recant all above.

Bad bad bad

Last edited by Icarus on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    AppleX
    Admin

Post  AppleX on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Applex on Maguuma!

This server is in need of a good wvw group, cause they SUX. Failed server so far. I see them droping down a couple of tiers fast. Good news... no que time at all.

Went back to WvW today and saw a better group of guild. small amount of numbers, but they play pretty well and was smart. I learn some new tricks today from wvwing with them. Their mesmer was smart enough to put portals down between supply camp and tower being taken so as to speed up the supply runs. Also saw some interesting places to put caps to take certain towers.

Last edited by AppleX on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    SJ

Server Impressions

Post  SJ on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:26 pm

So far I'm pretty impressed with the Emhery Bay/Northern Shiverpeaks battle group. It seems like Emhery Bay has their game together for the most part. Siege is dropped to defend keeps, orbs are fought for and protected, and there seems to be a decent Commander presence throughout most of the day. However their night crew seems a bit weak, definitely not as strong as Northern Shiverpeaks. This could be frustrating if Emhery Bay is moved up a bracket with more servers who have Pacific players. Overall however, I got a pretty good impression.

-SJ/Dynaerys

Toilieban
    Admin

Post  Toilieban on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Toilieban is on Borlis Pass!

Plenty online and through sheer numbers they are zerging targets. Absolutely no skill and great animosity on the server. Highly recommend against it.
    Coppereyes

Load of BS

Post  Coppereyes on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Bron is TRAPPED on FERGS for a week!!! courtesy of anet's impeccable sense of time, I'm trapped in fergs for 6 days cuz i transferred last night (oct 31) with my 24 hour timer ticking into today (nov 1). I've ticketed anet in an attempt to fix this, but I'm likely trapped here til next thursday......
    Evil or Very Mad fail hard and falter Anet...
    Icarus

Post  Icarus on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:23 pm

I am trapped on Boris as well yay!

Toilieban
    Admin

Post  Toilieban on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:19 pm

omg looks like ill be trapped on borlis pass for a week too! Sad
    Rishy

Post  Rishy on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:51 pm

/sips a cocktail and kicks back while getting carried by karma zergs on Sea of Sorrows

Wink
    AppleX
    Admin

Post  AppleX on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:36 am

FFFFFFF I wasnt stuck yesterday, today I have a 5 day wait. WTF!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:23 pm